Sunday, January 30, 2011

Status?

 I'm not really a big fan of Ralph Lauren's Polo line - it seems a bit too pretentious for me.
But I do wear the plain sweatshirts if there is a chance that I'll get dirty or wet.
I have some friends who always invite me out on their boats.
I'm not into yachting but I seem to have the right clothes for it.
 While wearing an old shirt from school, everyone seemed to want to know where I got my old WMYC gear from.
Going to school on Oahu, Lahaina was just a short flight away.
On another occasion, I wore an old sweatshirt from an old America's cup race which is signed by Dennis Conner.
(The parents of an ex got them for me from a charity fund raiser back-in-the-day.)
The old guys at the local yacht club knew exactly who the guy was.
From wearing these old nondescript items I've managed quite a few invites to lunches, dinners and parties.
Who knew that casually wearing old clothes was an easy ticket to some of our local inner circles?

No comments:

Post a Comment