Monday, November 10, 2008

Mixed Mentality

Does race really matter?

Either genetically or culturally - does race really determine one's level of success or accomplishment?

I've never felt limited by the limitations put forth by one racial group or another. Maybe it's my racial background. Or maybe it's my lack of one socially accepted racial background. I've always gotten to do what ever I liked.

Does Obama's success reflect his rejection of the perceived social norms? Does his apparent acceptance of all of his racial background and influences make him more open to more resources and opportunities?

Are mixed race people more apt to think of themselves as all cultures (Obama) or as rejecting the perceived inferior culture (Tiger Woods)?

Are mixed race people more apt to create a new culture of their own?

No comments:

Post a Comment