Sunday, April 26, 2009

Fat Girls Don't Listen

Every year, I get a group of big girls who have fallen off of their New Years Resolution wagon and have decided to recommit to losing a bit of unwanted fat.
Every year most of these women don't take advice on eating habits and exercise.
Every year most of these women tell me that they'll try again next year.

I'm not Mr. Universe or anything.
It's just that these women see the results of their sons' conditioning regimines and decide that this must be the year to do something about their own conditions.

My biggest complaints?
I can't get them to understand that;
-Five or six small and well balanced meals a day is better than three large meals - or even worse, one meal.
-Just because something says "Diet" on the packaging doesn't mean that it's alright to have twenty of them in one sitting.
-Two weeks of working out can't get rid of a lifetime of bad eating habits and complacency.
-I'm helping them as a trainer - but I am NOT a genie.

Most of these women ask for advice on their kid's bad grades.
(They're terrible parents who focus on appearance instead of performance.)
They ask for advice on finances.
(Most of them waist more money on getting Polo, Jordans or iPhones for themselves and their kids instead of paying bills on time and establishing good credit ratings.)
They ask my advice on men.
(Most of them give it away to so many and so often that no man would value what they think they have too offer.)
Most of them can't keep jobs.
(They spend too much time worrying about everyone else's business instead of tending to their own. They show up late and leave early. And they're always on the phone. When I ask them if they would hire someone like themselves if they owned a business - most say "No". But they still think that it's their bosses' fault.)
They have bad attitudes.
(But they blame their lack of promotion on being Black.)
Their kids are unruly.
(The kids don't respect their mothers. If they don't respect someone at home, they won't respect people out in society.)

I'm just venting.
Everyone I know (here in this town) needs something from me every time they see me.
I don't mind helping people. In fact., I enjoy it.
It's just that I'm tired of people thinking that all of the stereotypes in the media are the standards to which to aspire.

No comments:

Post a Comment