Saturday, April 4, 2009

I Am Not

I am prepared and qualified to meet my adversaries and (to a great degree) able to dictate my own future.

I treat others with compassion - even without any type of empathy or compassion for that person. The need justifies the action.


I (somehow) get a lot of girls.

I am intellectually curious without the presumption of knowing everything.


I am NOT some small black dot that has to fight against everything that I am not.
I don't limit my interests or values to what others my see me as being.
And since the problem doesn't determine the outcome - but the response (or reaction) - my resources (intellectual, cultural, social or financial, et al.) aren't limited to those of others who view themselves as that small dot.
My values are shaped by the values that I may see in others who have accomplished what I desire, or have overcome the enemies which I have yet to fight.
But...I am not white.
(There is no point in such delusion.)
The comparisons are only here to illustrate the commonalities based on shared traits - and not limited to race.
My 'I" may be from **. (And not as self limiting as that little dot)
Your "I" may only be from **. (And limited to what everyone else has always told you.)
And all that these models may encompass.
If you see (and limit) yourself to that black (or Black) dot - that's probably how you'll respond to situations.
If you view yourself as part of a whole (or even equal to others who form the whole) - this too will determine your thinking (and further actions and relationships).
(Sorry SeeNew - I couldn't draw this explanation out with photos to answer your question on your post.)

No comments:

Post a Comment