Monday, July 27, 2009

LessNique (Please)

Citzen Ojo asked why it was that I can't seem to stand Mo'Nique.
FreeMan said that she must have taken my lunch from me when I was a child.
(Nah FreeMan - she never took my lunch, but whenever I see her, she just about makes me lose my lunch.)

But I hate Mo'Nique and women like her because they are haters and hypocrites.
I listen to many of my less than attractive, fat, dumb, poor and simple cousins talk shit about any woman who they think looks better than themselves (which is most other women).
I listen to these beastly women hate on Beyonce, Rihanna, Keisha Coles (who looked great with the black hair at the BET awards), and anyone else who has a life better than their own.
I listen as they talk about Halle Berry, Kerry Hilson or Ciara being anorexic - all the while they are drinking Diet Coke and eating a salad with their 3000 calorie meals all in an effort to lose weight.
Mo'Nique just looks like an old meatloaf. All greasy and sloppy but an effort has been made to make it seem more appealing.
Mo'Nique just sweats gravy.
Women like Mo'Nique don't really hate these people - they just hate that it isn't them living the life.

But this isn't endemic to Mo'Nique or her hater sisters.
TMZ, Hollywood Tonite, Entertainment Tonight and others have made careers off of being such haters.
People watch the judge shows, reality television, and talk shows so that they can talk shit about how dumb other people are.
People watch Wheel of Fortune instead of Jeopardy because they can imagine themselves as intellectual for being able to play a high-tech version of hangman.
Popular culture is a hater culture and to me; Mo'Nique is the poster child for that culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment