Thursday, July 16, 2009

Racism v. Oppression

Jack Celliers ( http://sigaeseblog.blogspot.com/ ) said; "...The only thing I really don't get is why "race" is such an issue. Not even race, but something as difficult to define as the color of the skin.
For me, race is simply a biological thing - something one cannot choose.
'Oppression' is what makes a difference..."

This is probably the most sagacious comment made on this little blog. Not even Pythia herself could have put it any better. If my Spanglish was any better - I'd read his site.

Well... you see Jack - I share the opinion that race is but one of the many symptoms that is evident in the greater illness and cause of oppression. Whether someone likes my "Race" or not - it is of little consequence. But when someone attempts to limit my opportunities based on my race - that is the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment