Monday, August 9, 2010

What You Should Know About Liposuction

It seems everywhere I look lately, I see aggressive advertisements for one liposuction clinic or another... most often touting the machine the clinic prefers (Vaser Liposelection, Smart Lipo, Aqua Lipo, Pro Lipo, Body Jet and Liposculpture). Interestingly, the ads never mention the quality of the plastic surgery training the doctor in the ad has had.

It's all a bit bizarre to me... I mean- if I went to consult with an attorney and they spent all of my time and their energy explaining that they are the best attorney for me because of the fancy computer they use, I would probably be worried... I mean-- right??

The truth is that most often (at least here in the Central Florida area) "providers" who spend a great deal of time and energy explaining why the machine they use is so good do so because they would like the potential patient to be distracted from the fact that their training was in ophthalmology (making them eye doctors), urology, gynecology, or even emergency medicine (no kidding- a well placed source tells me this ER doctor recently punctured a poor woman's lungs trying to do "Aqualipo" on her)- and NOT in plastic surgery.

In today's video, I explain what you should be thinking about in your search for a surgeon who can give you the body contour you want- safely.


For more on the topic of how to choose a plastic surgeon, I refer you to a previous post entitled "Choosing a Plastic Surgeon, Part 2".




Visit Us:







Follow Us!


No comments:

Post a Comment