Monday, February 22, 2010

Rebels


Back in the day - I used to like the Rebels.
Coach Tark started his college career at my town's local city college so I felt inclined to follow anyone from my small(ish) town.
Larry Johnson, Stacy Augman, Armon Gilliam, Greg Anthony and Anderson Hunt would appear twice a week on our local television channel on their way to final four appearances and ultimately an NCAA title.
In fact, the reason I hate Duke is because they beat UNLV to win the NCAA championship.

Yosemite Sam was just the dimwitted foil of Bugs Bunny.

Even the mascot of Ole Miss looks more like Colonel Sanders than a Klansman.

And almost everyone remembers the General Lee from the Dukes of Hazard.

The imagery from the South is both a celebration of ones history and the admission of defeat.
Maybe all these Tea Baggers are just holding out in the hopes that the "South will rise again".

No comments:

Post a Comment