Monday, December 27, 2010

Smoked Meat

Healthier food is the best thing to happen in the South since... well... unhealthy food.
I always loved Christmas Eve back in Cali. - eating Tamales with Mexican friends was something I looked forward to all year.
Recently food trends seem to have dictated that deep-fried turkey is out while smoked turkey is in.
But why waste a hot pit on just one turkey.
Why not throw on a slab of ribs, a few chickens, lots of links and a stuffed pork roast while you're at it.
I haven't eaten this much meat since we were trying not to waste any meat after a hurricane.
As many people tend to bring me a plate of food (or two) from their family meals - I'm stuffed.
As far as new holiday traditions go - Bar-B-Que on Christmas Eve is a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment