Thursday, December 9, 2010

Suicide

Sometimes I can't think - sometimes I just do.
Sometimes this is a good thing because helping people has been so ingrained in my personality that I will help someone without thinking.
Sometimes it's a bad thing because I have problems code-switching and I often get stuck making the wrong choices to fit the corresponding environment.

Running these clubs is killing me.
The vapidity of most patrons leaves me in a mindset where I have problems processing any information which requires deep thought.
I can do popularity with my eyes closed and both hands tied behind my back but this is merely performance.
I find no real pleasure in 'spitting game'.

But being cool has it's price.
By being cool I have problems shifting back and forth with being a thinking man.
When I read the posts of SeeNew (at Subrealism) I now find myself months (not the usual weeks) behind in the topics being discussed.
I think my environment may be affecting my I.Q..
I think that is why I'm having so much trouble coming up with a plausible theory explaining why a death of the ego, or a death of the old ways, is needed to ensure progress.

Evolution, stigmergy, game theory, whatever... .
It seems that most of our actions can be predicted by the observance of bacteria.
The Tea Party, Sarah Palin, (most on) Fox News, and Rush Limbaugh seem to be suffering from stress.
Their actions are not their own but most are just reactions due to stress.
Beings who have reached the apex of their evolutionary cycle realize that if the world changes their likelihood of survival will diminish.
When this is the case, one fights such change.
Whatever is causing this change must be assimilated or eliminated.

If one accepted this fate he would be committing a suicide of self (consciousness, ego, tradition,...).
And as we all know, suicide is shunned by most cultures.
If Ms Palin, the Tea Party or most of those on Fox News readily accepted the current change they would be creating an environment in which their progeny had little chance for survival.
(Or at the very least, one in which they had less power or influence.)
By creating an environment where they would suffer, they would be seen as killing themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment