Saturday, January 3, 2009

Is Isreal Talking Too Much Ish?


I'm a Christian...
Maybe even a Zionist.
But I have to ask;
Is Israel talking too much Ish?

When I was in high school, I had a younger brother who would always talk ish to people and then run.
It seemed that every other day, someone would approach me to address this issue.
I told my brother that I would always have his back,
but that he needed to stop starting problems which he couldn't solve.
One day, I happened upon my brother as he was about to be beaten by a group of guys. As my clique and I approached, the guys took a step back and explained what happened.
"Beat his ass", I replied.

And turned and walked away.
"Brutal", my friend Sazaki said.
"But fair", stated my friend Daggy.

He told his father (my step-father) that I had failed to get his back against a group of guys. I explained that my brother had to learn to survive without me. My step-dad begrudgingly agreed and left it at that.

The next day, I saw the same group about to jump my brother.
This time I said "Nope".
I stated that if he continued to eff-up, they could do what needed to be done.
But that they couldn't just jump him at will.
Problem solved.
So if I question the Israeli government's motives behind the recent attacks on the Gaza strip -
Am I anti-Semitic?
What is a Semite?
One source states that both Palestinians and Jews are Semites.
while another says that the Palestinians are from the sons of Japheth

Is this fight really just a family squabble where anyone who gets involved trying to find peace will be turned on by both parties involved in the fight?

No comments:

Post a Comment