Monday, May 10, 2010

Blacks v. Asians

While on the site of an Asian woman, the topic of Black violence against Asians came up.
Many people commented that poor Blacks were seen as the aggressors while poor Asians were seen as studious members of the "Model Minority".
Many people cited reports of Asian shop owners being victimized by their Black patrons as proof of such theories.
But the thing is - most Blacks are harmed by other Blacks, most whites are harmed by other whites, and most Asians are harmed by other Asians.
New America Media http://news/newamericamedia.org/new/ has a bunch of stories discussing this topic.
(Just click the "African American" section on the left side bar and then scroll to the stories and related links.)
But what is the cause of this bitterness?
I know about fifty people of Asian descent.
Of these, only two or three are male.
Sure, most Asian women are not as thick as the one pictured above - but many are still quite attractive.
Maybe I view Asians by the image shown in American media.
Maybe I view Asian women as attractive while I view Asian guys as nerds.
Maybe I forget that Asian guys dominate Hip Hop dance and some are members of the Chinese Triads or Japanese Yakuza.
Maybe I forget about Yao Ming or Ichiro Suzuki.
Maybe I forget that Tiger Woods and Hines Ward are half-Asian.

No comments:

Post a Comment