Thursday, January 27, 2011

In Da' Club

 "Oh, now that some white girls come in you don't have time for us", a group of chubby female guests commented.
The trick to running a successful nightclub - or any business - is to make sure that every customer feels as though he/she is always a VIP.
Even if the woman has eaten her way out of competition for the most desirable men - the trick is to make her feel as though she can get any man.
But last night was one of those nights when I had to take care of a little business first.
Last night I had to sample products being sold by my liquor reps.
While I do well at running clubs, I'm not really a drinking man so I enlisted the help of a few regulars.
The liquor reps are hired for their looks so they usually get attention regardless of the surroundings.
Mix; free liquor with grateful patrons and a club filled with people still not over their scars from the Segregated South and what you get are a bunch of angry Black women.
Let a tall, slim, light skinned woman with her own long hair walk in and wait for the beasts to pick her apart.
If the woman is a bitch - I say nothing.
If the woman is nice - I say, "I don't want to hear it. That's my home girl." as I walk away from the conversation.
The bitter pack always apologize and then proceed to demonstrate that it wasn't they who where just hating on beauty.

Pigmentocracy is a bitch.
But things are worse for a non-Black woman in a majority Black club.
Especially if the woman is hot.
To those on the outside - the cadre at the table of our liquor reps were just paying too much attention to non-Black women.
To those at the table - they were just taking part in the selection of products we may choose to carry.

As the session ended - the liquor reps bought rounds for the entire club and handed out hats, key chains, t-shirts and jackets to promote their products.
At which point the pack of bitter bitches recalled who these ladies were.
"Oh. that's Whitney and Summer. I Like them.", the initial complainant said as she drank her free drinks.
(I'm on the "Always list". Which means that I always get free product and promotions from the liquor companies - in most other cases the promotions are geared to a certain demographic.)
Sometimes the resentment is justified - other times it's not.
(But these girls were pretty hot and sometimes - regardless of race - hot is hot.)

No comments:

Post a Comment