Monday, October 18, 2010

"Black" Is O.K.

A white liquor rep sat at the bar handing out samples of her products to a group of "African Americans" and...
"African Americans"?, we asked.
"Huh...? What,,,? Wait...? "I didn't..!", she stammered as we all laughed.
"Just say Black.", I said.
"Black is good.", said a regular at the bar.
"Black is great.", I said.
"Well... you never know...", she replied.
"I know, I know.", I said, "That ish was made up by some insecure Bourgeoisie Negroes who felt the need to feel equal.", I continued.
"Negroes?", she asked.
"Ummm, no. YOU can say 'Negroes', but you can't", I said, "That would be like me calling you a 'Dago WAP'. I can't call you that but your other Italian friends could without any blow back.", I continued.
"Oh, okay. So Black is O.K.?", she said.
"Yeah, 'Black' is O.K..", I said, as she passed out samples of various liquors to delighted guests at the bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment