Monday, October 25, 2010

Would You Choose Death?

I have friends who are/were paralyzed, have AIDS, have/had Cancer..., whatever the ailment or condition, I seem to know someone who has/had it.
While reading Desertflower's ( http://mylifeasalatinwoman.blogspot.com ) posts about her Cancer treatments, I had to ask, "Is it worth it?".
I recently had a neighbor die from Cancer after years of treatment.
This woman had gone through years of treatment only to die with a year of her being 'cured'.
Wouldn't this woman have been better off enjoying the last years of her life instead of suffering through the majority of them?
Couldn't her time spent in clinics, hospitals and treatment centers been better used to build positive memories with her friends family?
Couldn't the money spent been better used for family vacations?
I know that most people will do anything to increase their lifespan - but what if the price was your quality of life?

No comments:

Post a Comment