Sunday, May 22, 2011

Y.R.U. Gay?

Dwight is so gay.
Is this an incorrect statement?
Is it hateful to say it?
Apparently so.
http://www.thinkb4youspeak.com/

Hermaphrodites, Chimerism, Biblical Eunuchs,... .
Some people may be born gay while others may be made to become so.
Why a person is gay is of no concern to me.
That they are gay isn't either.
Who a person prefers is his own business, what he/she chooses to do with that person is also his/her business.
If I see two males or two females kissing each other in public - so what.

My only issue is that I am being told that it is wrong to say that something or someone is 'gay'.
If I said that Brokeback Mountain, The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert, The Birdcage and Rent were my favorite 'gay' movies - is this wrong?
What if I said that these movies were, 'so gay'?

Okay, okay...
I can understand that calling someone a 'Dyke' or a 'Fag' is a pejorative term - but is 'gay' also a negative?
I thought we were told by the Gay Rights Police that "Gay" was the correct and accepted terminology.

I thought that "Gay" was OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment