Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I Like Good Mothers

I just met a woman who is going through a divorce.
She's cute in a Paula Patton kind of way.
The girl works two jobs and is looking to make extra money as a cocktail waitress (her third job) to make sure her teen aged sons have their needs met.
She told me all this almost apologetically when she worked her first day at the club.
She was embarrassed for working three jobs to take care of her family?
She felt that the others on the staff would look down on her for working so hard when so many other women who frequent these clubs game the system or rely on their baby daddies for a monthly check.
But I like this girl.
Not to date but to help.
I asked her if she needed someone to teach her boys construction skills.
"Not until the summer. School comes first.", she answered.
This response almost guaranteed her my watchful eye and best efforts - as my disdain for hood rats is equaled out by my love for good mothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment