Thursday, November 19, 2009

My recent experience at the other end of the needle....

I can now officially associate myself with Jenny McCarthy (and Vanessa Williams, Linda Evangelista, Joe Biden, John Kerry, and the many others who have had Botox).

With the addition of Michelle Boone, ARNP to our Orlando Aesthetic Surgery Practice, and with her assessment that it was "time", I finally consented to having a treatment with a botulinum type A toxin for my slowly deepening frown lines.

Because I was curious, and because she is so enthusiastic about it, we decided to use Dysport, the new Botox competitor from Medicis. Truth be told, other than a few minor details (more important to the practitioner than to the patient), the experience is identical to that with Botox for the patient (me), the results identical, the longevity of the outcome the same, and the cost lower. But the company doesn't have the marketing budget that Botox's manufacturer does, so not as many people have heard of it yet.

The whole treatment took but a few minutes and was minimally painful.
I had a great experience, mostly because Michelle is amazingly skilled- as a surgeon, I think I was guilty of underestimating the amount of skill it takes to reliably achieve the beautiful, natural result I now enjoy. I'm so happy to have her on my team- stop by and see us soon!


Visit Us:







Follow Us!


No comments:

Post a Comment