Tuesday, September 14, 2010

CNN reports: Curves and Lips are "In"

While it certainly is no secret to me, CNN is reporting this morning that the "ethnic" look of a full curvy body and full lips is now the most sought after aesthetic in the entertainment industry and suggests that the paradigms may be shifting....

As examples, they use Beyonce, Shakira, Christina Hendricks, Scarlett, and J. Lo-- all great examples to be sure, but I would add the great many young women we all encounter in everyday life to this list....

While I certainly still see lots of young women desiring liposuction or other forms of body sculpting, the majority of these patients are more interested in my ability to shift volume from one part of their body to another (the Brazilian Butt Lift is now among the most requested in my practice- to see why, see these photos:

http://www.realself.com/photo/157535?offset=5&topic_id=282&dr_id=15643

I'm glad for the change myself- super-fitness is probably unrealistic for most women, and it is therefore unfair to bombard our sisters, wives, girlfriends, mothers, etc with images meant to demonstrate an ideal that is unattainable or unsafe for them to attempt.

Hooray Curves!


Visit Us:







Follow Us!


No comments:

Post a Comment