Thursday, May 5, 2011

Tired

 As I walked the isles of my local big-box stores in search of garden supplies I noticed one similarity between almost every woman regardless her race or age - I live in a town filled with run-down, out of shape or angry women.
Every woman walked as though she was bearing some onerous burden.
Every woman walked as though she was beaten down, as though she had just given up trying, as though she was the victim of her own life.
When did so many women become so sloppy?
I'm sure ones weight could be a factor in her level of confidence but I miss the days when women would be reminded by their mothers to sit up straight or to keep their heads up or to keep their shoulders back. 
I miss the days when women would act and look like well-prepared ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment