Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Asleep at the Wheel

 Prisons, ports and plants provide moderately high paying jobs which require little to no education.
These industries are the most common in the area I currently live.
 Whenever I see a story on the news of a prison riot, a refinery explosion or a tanker crash, "Someone fell asleep.", is what I think to myself.
 I know several people who work at refineries and most mention that they sleep most of their shift away.
Apparently, sleeping while at work is a common and acceptable practice.

Long, dull hours create an environment where one can become lulled into complacency.
When Air Traffic Controllers get caught sleeping on the job - it is what I've come to expect from those who go to work to collect a paycheck with little to no regard for his quality of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment