Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 25 - One weekend you wish you could re-do



by caioelis

The first time we ventured out of Leicester to see other English cities was our trip to Birmingham. Me and 5 of my friends ventured via Arriva buses to get to Birmingham (took 5 hours but at least it was free with our passes) and got a hostel in a sketchy part of town. The mission of the trip was to see Crystal Castles perform at the O2 venue downtown, and it was one of the greatest concerts I have been to. Even though Alice had a broken leg, she limped around the stage with more energy than most musicians have and she really got the crowd into it.

The day after the show, we explored the city under the cover of a constant rain (no umbrellas). This trip was memorable because of the people I traveled with as well as the first time things I experienced including Malaysian cuisine, a proper hostel, and bathrooms that you have to pay for. It was an amazing time and I would definitely do it all over again.

It was a packed house for the show, Crystal Castles headlined.

Alice Glass stands on a crutch for her leg, but still put on an energetic show.

The next day, we spent hours wandering around the city and checking out Birmingham’s superb selection of urban artwork.

I got to see the star of one of my favorite rock legends. The Birmingham “Walk of Stars” on Broad Street is full of hometown celebrities who have gained notorious world recognition.

Although a life-sized Micheal Jordan statue has nothing to do with Birmingham, we found it there and it stuck out to me.

A view of Birmingham’s historic canal system.

My favorite travel group ever, I will never forget you guys. The dude in the back kinda looks like me, but it’s Riley. Besides me, he has also been mistaken for Jack Black.

No comments:

Post a Comment