Thursday, January 21, 2010

I Ain't Mad At Tyler Perry

I just don't like his films.
But Tyler Perry is smart - he followed the old axiom of giving the people what they want.
Tyler created a job for himself where there was none.
Tyler catered to the masses to place himself among the (financially) elite.

One could open two types of businesses - boutique sales or mass sales.
One could create a Barney's (Which sells a few items at a high price point) or a Walmart (Which sells many items at a low price point).
The choice is up to the proprietor.

Perry chose to go the more financially lucrative 'mass appeal' route.
Tyler's movies consistently out gross (and out net) movies made with better marketing and better financing.
Tyler Perry owns his low-brow brand while earning an income that enables him to shop for high-brow brands.
While I can't stand Tyler Perry's movies - I gotta' give him credit for his game.
I ain't hatin' on Tyler Perry.
(But I still hate his movies.)

No comments:

Post a Comment