Friday, January 22, 2010

Taco Wars

Glen Bell (The founder of the Taco Bell chain) has died.
"So what?", one might say.
But I'm from the I.E. (Inland Empire) region of Southern California.
Taco Bell was founded after Mr. Bell saw the success of the first Mac Donald's (also in San Bernardino, California).

Most people have sampled his poor quality interpretation of Mexican food.
Most people assume that Taco Bell is how Mexican fast food should taste.
But Cali. also has Del Taco.
Del Taco is good Mexican fast food.
But the old Naugles (founded in my hometown of Riverside, California) was better.
Naugles was folded into Del Taco in the '90's - but that was some good eatin'.

West Coast Mexican fast food chain - Del Taco
The rest of the country - Taco Bell

West Coast burger stand - In-n-Out
Back East - White Castle
Southwest - Whataburger

Damn...
I wish I had some Naugles and In-n-Out right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment