Monday, June 27, 2011

This. Is why I love America.

“In my fight against terrorism, to me the biggest terrorist is Obama in the United States of America. For me it’s like, I’m trying to fight the terrorism that’s actually causing the ‘forms of terrorism. The root cause of the terrorism is the stuff that the U.S. government allows to happen. The foreign policies we have in place in different countries that inspire people to become terrorists.”

These were some of the comments of Lupe Fiasco said during his June 7th interview on What’s Trending Now, a show on CBS.

I’m writing an article for a magazine I’m working for this summer, Say What Online (saywhatonline.org), about whether or not it’s okay for artists to speak out about what’s happening in the world.

How do you all feel about the comments Lupe Fiasco made? Were they legitimate? Should he be attacked for what he said and should artists be allowed to make comments without backlash?







This. Is why I love America.

I don’t mean like loving that way or anything!

from Zerochan

No comments:

Post a Comment